Sun Damage Services
PICO Genesis™ laser procedure takes an entirely new approach to the treatment of pigmentation issues and skin revitalization. This method combines the benefits of two highly effective wavelengths in ultra-short pulses to cause an intense, non-thermal, photo mechanical disruption and remodeling of the upper dermis.
What does this mean for you? A brighter, more uniform complexion in less treatment sessions than traditional methods.
Originally developed for tattoo removal, picosecond lasers are now being used for a variety of conditions, including skin toning, reducing hyperpigmentation, and building collagen. With virtually no downtime.
Recommend for all skin types, the PICO Genesis™ laser procedure is used to treat:
- Brown spots
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Pigmented lesions
Benefits of PICO Genesis™ procedure include:
- Ultra-short laser pulses that leave skin looking radiant without redness or swelling
- Dramatic results with minimal downtime and fewer treatment sessions
- Ability to be used on the face and body to correct skin irregularities
- Short sessions that last 20 minutes from beginning to end
Microdermabrasion is a method of polishing and removing the uppermost layer of the skin called the stratum corneum. The result is a topical exfoliation as well as indirect stimulation to the basal layer of the skin which can have a direct influence on increased fibroblast, collagen, and elastin production. The result is a healthier, more vibrant, more firm, hydrated, and improved texture and appearance to the skin.
Several treatments are necessary to achieve desired results. For optimal results, other regimes may be recommended, including skin care products to assist in the blending of pigmentation, reducing sun damage, etc. The FDA has given clearance for the following uses for physician grade microdermabrasion:
- The most even exfoliation and removal of dry, dead skin cells resulting in a fresher, more healthy look.
- Diminishing appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Because we are exfoliating the debris on the surface as well as in the pores (follicles), the pore size is decreased and more refined.
- The removal of keratinized (thickened) areas of skin caused by dehydration, environmental factors, excessive use of topicals, etc.
- The reduction of existing comedones (blackheads) and milia (white spots) due to highly effective exfoliation and follicular debris removal.
- Prevention of breakouts due to the “cleansing” of the follicles, keeping the pores clear of buildup that leads to acne.
- Dark spots (hyper pigmentation) appear to be lightened considerably.
- The reduction of scar tissue resulting in flatter, smoother texture.
- The improvement of post-inflammatory pigmentation scarring from acne.
Chemical peels exfoliate damaged, dead skin cells while rebuilding collagen and stimulating the growth of healthier skin. Chemical peels involve the application of an acid that penetrates the epidermal layer of the skin resulting in more radiant skin. The peels we provide affect the superficial layers of the skin resulting in little to no downtime. We offer Glycolic, Salicylic, Pyruvic, Jessner’s, and Mandelic acid peels.
Glycolic acid is used to treat aging and photodamaged skin. You can expect improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone and texture. Pyruvic acid decreases fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of premature aging. It will also help to reduce the severity of acne blemishes, pore size, even out skin tone, and generally smooth the skin. Salicylic acid is used to treat oily, acne prone skin. You can expect improvement in clogged pores, surface oil, and breakouts. Mandelic acid is used to reduce the appearance of occasional to permanent skin redness and improve skin color, texture, pore size. Jessner’s peels can be used to decrease mild to moderate hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, delivering an over all lightening and brightening appearance.
The eye and mouth peels contain lactic acid and TCA which help to increase skin firmness, decrease fine lines and wrinkles, and decrease dark circles around eyes.